Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2013 16:00

Dell Inspiron webcam driver not installed

i have a dell inspiron that was very virus-ed up and not working properly, that i bought off my neighbor . i worked on it all day till 2:30 am and it works great. but when i try to use my webcam central thing it says driver not installed. i have tried to find a driver online because i have no CDs for my laptop. if anyone could please tell me a link so i can download the driver please do so. thank you

807 Posts

July 30th, 2013 11:00

Try this version and then update it

dell-webcam-central.software.informer.com/download 

You may have to uninstall the version you currently have installed

July 28th, 2013 19:00

Hi ninjadude,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum,

It is unfortunate that the Dell Webcam Central software is not functioning fine, I’d suggest you to try the following steps mentioned below to install the software.
Remove the software first completely from the computer.

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.

2. Click Control Panel.

3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.

4. Click Programs and Features.

5. Click Dell Webcam Central.

6. Click Uninstall.

7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.

8. Once uninstalled restart the computer.

9. Restart the computer and then try to re-install the Dell Webcam Central and check the functionality.

10. Click on the below link to Install the Dell Webcam Software

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Do reply us back if any issues.

5 Posts

July 30th, 2013 09:00

hi i tried what u said but it did not work. the webcam central works fine but the driver is not installed. i need a link to install the driver again as i have never had an installation disk for this laptop.

807 Posts

July 30th, 2013 09:00

There are no drivers in DWC. Windows has it's own native drivers. Is the Webcam showing in Device Manager under Imaging Devices or do you have any unknown devices in there.

Provide a screenshot of your Device Manager

What's your OS (32bit / 64bit)

807 Posts

July 30th, 2013 10:00

If the webcam is showing in Device Manager with no errors then the problem is with DWC and not the drivers.

In Device Manager > Integreated Webcam, does it indicate This device is working properly.

To test your webcam go to this site

http://www.testwebcam.com/

Click "Allow" on the Adobe Flash Window

5 Posts

July 30th, 2013 10:00

its listed under imaging devices as integrated webcam. my windows 7 is a 32bit. my processor is Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500, uhm i have a screen shot of device manager but i dont know how to post it

5 Posts

July 30th, 2013 11:00

you were right. the webcam works on that page. so then what dell webcam central do i need to download?

5 Posts

July 30th, 2013 12:00

thank you

807 Posts

July 30th, 2013 13:00

You're welcome. Glad it's all working. Any problems then post back.

No Events found!